The most important part of your application to Widener University is the documents you send with the application form, that are the supporting evidence for your admission eligibility.
The documents we require for a complete application to Widener University
Required from ALL international applicants
- completed application form
- proof of English proficiency by one of the following:
- TOEFL score
- IELTS score
- passport (scan of photo page)
- copy of current I-20 and US visa (if applicable)
- copy of financial evidence (e.g. bank statement, sponsor's letter - see details on left)
Additional requirements for undergraduateapplicants
For a complete undergraduate application, we require:
- copy of last 3 years of secondary education transcripts and graduation certificate-change to certified copy of High School transcripts
You may also send anything else that will support your application (personal essay, letters of recommendation sports, clubs, hobbies, etc).
Additional requirements for graduate applicants
For a complete graduate application, we also require:
- Course-by-Course Credential Evaluation of undergraduate qualifications from a professional evaluation service (see details on right). Study Group can assist with this process. Detailed instructions are provided once the application is submitted
- certified copies of all academic transcripts
- student statement of intent (500 words including a description of your future job or career plans)
- 2 letters of recommendation by an employer or academic source
- GRE/GMAT score if either test has been taken (not required)
- certified copy of school completion certificate
Conditional admission is at the discretion of the designated academic department. Some departments may request additional information during their review process.
How to send your documents
If any documents are not in English, they must be accompanied by an English translation. The English translation should be certified by a translation agency.
Documents to be sent electronically
Send all other supporting documents electronically as PDF or image attachments:
- through the secure upload link provided after you submit your application form